Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Day 9 (2022)


Today (Friday, 7/15), I woke up and we all met outside around 7 o'clock to get the bus loaded up. Since we’re switching hostels we had to get all of our stuff packed and ready to go. It was about a 20 minute bus ride to our site. Like the past three days, we walked up the half a mile hill which nearly killed me. But it was all worth it when we were served pancakes and eggs for breakfast. 





After we had breakfast we went straight into games with the kids, which started with 4 square volleyball. Surprisingly the kids we really good and it didn’t take much to get me out. After Kate and I taught some kids how to make friendship bracelets, we all went inside for chapel. We sang some songs and then the pastor talked to them. We then prayed for them and spread so much love and many, many hugs. After this I was sent back to play 4 square volleyball with our group from St. John’s while the kids were finishing up. After a bit, we were called to lunch which was, of course, amazing. Then, we walked down the hill to our bus and rode to the market. We got about an hour and a half at the market, and I think I gradually got better at bargaining! We all ate ice cream afterwards and then got back on the bus to drive to Quito. Once we got to our hostel we had a great dinner of soup, chicken, and rice. After that we did a collage project with the Freedoms! I really enjoyed this and I think it turned out really well. I hope we have an amazing last day tomorrow, I don’t wanna leave!

- Written by Rachel Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment